RULES OF ENTRY
La Vienísima announces the fourth International Christmas Postcards Contest “FULL COLOR XMAS”. An online initiative that was born with the desire to give visibility to the LGBTIQ collective during these winter holidays, and that seeks, among other objectives: to enhance respect for diversity, defend the different existing family models, promote culture from a more inclusive perspective, and serve as a platform for artists and art lovers.
1. La Vienísima convenes the fourth International Online Christmas Postcards Contest "Full Color Xmas". A contest that will reward the postcards that best publicize, make visible and defend Christmas from the perspective of Affective-Sexual and Identity Diversity. This year the technique is free. We will especially value all types of creative approaches and the different points of view. The contest is open to digital art, but also to two-dimensional works such as painting, drawing, lithography, photography... However, they must be submitted in digital format (scanned or as a photograph).
2. The work must be original and unpublished. It must not have been awarded or be pending resolution in other competitions, contests or calls. The ‘Full Color Xmas’ contest looks for the postcards that best make the LGBTIQ collective visible during the Christmas holidays. The participant also guarantees the authorship and originality of the work presented, as well as the absence of third party rights over it, being responsible for any claims that may be made in this regard.
1. Any natural person may participate, of any nationality, who, at the closing date of the period of admission of artworks, is 16 years old or over.
2. Anyone is eligible, whether professional or amateur, to participate in this artistic event, provided that their artwork complies with the regulations thereof.
3. The presentation must be individual. Collaborative or collective works will not be admitted. Each participant may present a maximum of two (2) postcards, and will do so nominally –not with a pseudonym-. Submissions of any other number of works will be rejected.
1. To avoid shipping costs, participants must send the work(s) through the form provided in the following link:
APPLICATION FCX 2022 (NOT AVAILABLE: CALL CLOSED)
The artworks in JPEG form (max 5MB), with a minimum resolution of 200 dpi, and a size of 15x15 cm.
Applicants who do not include this information may be excluded from the contest. The organization will protect the authorship of the works, guaranteeing the transparency of the deliberation process. Any questions or incidents in the participation process will be addressed through the email email@example.com. The creativity and innovation of the technique used and the way in which the message is transmitted will also be valued. The postcard title will also be valued under these criteria.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICA-TIONS AND DEADLINE.
The deadline will be Saturday, December 3, 2022 until 23:59, Austrian time.
The contest will have two types of jury:
1. Professional jury: Once the works have been received, they will be evaluated by a jury formed by people of recognized prestige in the field of arts, Affective-Sexual and Identity Diversity and culture. Its composition will be communicated once the deadline for submitting applications is closed. The jury will be responsible for the interpretation of these RULES, as well as the elevation to La Vienísima of the proposal to award the prize for the best postcard. The prize may be declared void if the number of images submitted is not sufficient or when the jury considers that none of the works have the required requirements. The decision of the jury is final.
2. Popular jury: After the deadline, the works will be publicly exhibited (with full name and country of origin) in the social networks of La Vienísima. The works with more "likes" and "positive" interactions will have a special mention by the organization.
1. According to the assessment made by the jury, the best Christmas card will be selected, which will be endowed with an amount of 200 euros. The postcard that, popularly, achieves greater impact on social networks, will be endowed with 75 euros.
2. In no case may the prize be awarded to two ex aequo works, that is to say, there will be no possibility of a draw and to award the prize to two contestants because it is estimated that the two works are of equal quality.
3. Prize amounts will be paid by bank transfer or Paypal. Winners will be notified of their status as winners through the email address provided for communications purposes.
4. The winners of the prizes must answer the message received accepting each prize. If no response is received within five calendar days of sending the email or if the email address is erroneous or nonexistent, the prizes will automatically go to the next postcard selected by the juries.
1. Participants authorize the reproduction, distribution and public communication of the images presented, as well as their adaptation to the necessary support for the purpose of their communication. These images will become part of the La Vienísima archive, which can only be used for informative and non-profit purposes. This authorization does not imply exclusivity towards La Vienísima and the authors may make use of their images at their discretion. In the event that La Vienísima uses any image in acts of public communication, it will always mention the name of its author.
2. The authors selected according to the previous paragraph authorize and assign to La Vienísima the necessary rights to disseminate the images through their social networks and other platforms. The authors will not accrue any financial compensation for this concept.
3. La Vienísima reserves the right to organize a physical exhibition of the best postcards, if during the course of this contest and before the jury's decision, the availability of any cultural space or any other space in Vienna that promotes LGTBIQ culture and visibility is confirmed.
JUDGMENT OF THE JURY.
1. La Vienísima will publish the resolution of the awards within a maximum period of 10 calendar days from the end of the participation period. It will be published through its social networks.
2. The awarding of the prize will also be communicated personally to the winners at the email address they have designated for this purpose.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS.
1. The presentation to this contest does not generate any right to the participants until the prize has been awarded by resolution of La Vienísima.
2. La Vienísima reserves the right to declare the prize deserted in any case.
3. Participation in this contest, by sending the documentation to aspire for the awards, implies knowledge and acceptance of the RULES of this call; the acceptance of the decisions of La Vienísima regarding it; the author's commitment to not to withdraw the work before the jury's decision is known; accept the prize if it was granted, or reintegrate it if the requirements established in the call are not fulfilled, as well as subscribe as many documents as are necessary for the fulfillment of these RULES.
1. In accordance with the provisions of the European Union regulations on data protection, La Vienísima informs the participants, and they give their consent for the personal data they provide, to be incorporated into a file owned by each of them with the following purposes: I) Their participation in the contest in accordance with its terms and conditions; II) The management and delivery of the prize in the event that it was awarded.
2. On the other hand, the participants authorize with their participation in this contest, that La Vienísima may publish their name, surname and image on its social networks and in any other medium, for informational purposes.
3. Participants will respond, in any case, that the personal data provided to La Vienísima on the occasion of this promotion are truthful and they are responsible for communicating to the organization any changes in them.
4. Participants may at any time oppose the processing of their data for sending communications, news and activities of La Vienísima. They may also record the rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting La Vienísima through the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, with the reference "Data protection"
RIGHT OF EXCLUSION.
La Vienísima reserves the right to discard and exclude any participant from the contest, if any of the following circumstances occur:
When they sign up with fake data. For this purpose, participants may be required to verify their data. When in any way, fraudulent or artificial, manipulate their participation in the contest.
When the jury considers that the work does not fit the theme convened; contain elements that in any way can be considered contrary to fundamental rights and public liberties; induce, incite or promote hatred, criminal, denigrative, discriminatory, violent actions, in general, contrary to law or public order; are protected by any intellectual or industrial property rights belonging to third parties, without the participant having previously obtained the necessary authorization from their owners; violate the right to honor, personal and family privacy or the image of people; they may constitute advertising or that incorporate elements that may damage the normal functioning of the network, system or computer equipment.
When these RULES are breached in any way.
La Vienísima is exempted, not being responsible for the non-compliance of the participants in the field of intellectual, industrial or image property, as well as any responsibility that could derive from the breach or defective fulfillment by the participants in the contest of the present RULES.